Its been a while since I posted a raw dessert recipe and today I’m gonna share one of my favourite cheesecake recipes of all time!
Most homemade raw cheesecakes use pretty much the same ingredients – cashew nuts, sweeteners, lemon/lime and some fruit. But a while ago, while surfing through the AMAZING Detoxina’s blog, I realised she used zuchinnis in her cheesecakes! So I decided to give it a shot and the result was a texture and taste more similiar to the normal cheesecake than my previous recipes. No kidding !! I’ve since used zuchinnis in many of my cheesecakes recipes whilst playing around with the measurements and quantity…..and today’s recipe is by far the one I’m most satisfied with and its super easy! Sorry no step by step pictures for this post because I forgot to charge my camera battery :X
RAW MANGO CHEESECAKE
½ cup raw almonds
½ cup raw pecans
2 TBS agave nectar
1 TBS coconut oil
1/2 TSP vanilla extract
1/4 TSP sea salt
2 cup raw cashews
1 cup zucchini, peeled and chopped
5 TBS lemon juice
2 TBS coconut oil
1/3 cup agave
1TSP vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 heaping cup mango, chopped (use ripe mangoes)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1. Pre- soak the almonds and pecans for around 4 – 6 hours
2. Process the almonds and pecans until the nuts are broken down into very small bits and crumbly.
3. Add in the agave, coconut oil, sea salt and vanilla and continue processing.
4. Transfer the mixture into your cake tin and press the down the base firmly. Try to make it as even as possible.
5. Leave the cake tin the freezer.
1. Blend all ingredients using a high speed blender till smooth.
2. Pour slightly more than ½ of the mixture into the cake tin and let it set back in the freezer for another 45 min – 1 hr.
1. Add mangoes and turmeric to the remaining mixture in your blender’s container. Blend till smooth. Don’t worry you won’t taste the turmeric (won’t that be weird!) , it’s basically a natural yellow food colouring.
2. Pour the mango layer into the cake tin and let the cake set in the freezer for at least 5 hours.
Thaw for 15 min before you cut and serve. Garnish with cube mangoes and mint!
I really hope you enjoy this recipe and do share with me what you think after you’ve tried it!