Heelllo all, Happy Sunday! Its been a crazy busy week for me and I’m in serious need of a good night’s rest….hopefully your week has been less tiring.
Anyway, today’s recipe post is gonna BLOW YOUR MIND! Im sure of it cos it blew mine right outta the window!
HOLY SHIT, this is the best raw chocolate cake I’ve made and one of the best I’ve tasted….!! Please forgive my crude language and excited exclamation marks, its a natural response once you’ve had a bite of this rawsome goodness.
Got recommended this recipe by one of the instagrammers I follow (@cheryleatsveg). I never fail to get motivated and inspired by the raw/vegan community on instagram. So I modified the recipe a little because I’m using a smaller springform pan and luckily for me, it turned out really well too. If you are using a larger pan, you can try the original recipe here.
RAW CHOCOLATE GANACHE TART by Laura Coexter
INGREDIENTS (7,28″ pan)
– 1 cup almonds or hazelnuts (I used almonds)
– 70 g dates, pitted
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 1/2 big ripe avocados ( I used 3 small ones because its quite hard to get the real large ones in SG. I might probably add another 1/2 in future)
– 70 g cacao powder
– 1/3 cup coconut oil
– 100 g raw coconut sugar
– 1/2 tsp vanilla essences
– Pinch of salt
1) In a food processor, blend the almonds. Add dates and salt and blend till the mixture turns dough like. Add in 1 tsp of coconut oil and mix it in with your hands.
2) Press the dough into the pan to form the base. Leave in the freezer to harden overnight.
3) Place all the filling ingredients in a food processor and process till smooth. Taste as you go along, I had to add more salt to bring out the chocolately flavour. Pour the ganache over the base and send it back to the freezer for around 2 – 3 hours.
And tadahhhhhh! Enjoy a slice of heaven =)