When I visited Whole Foods in London, I bought this DELICIOUS raw Napolenta Pizza Crackers. Its an Italian styled tomato olive and herb flax cracker..and I’ve been kicking myself ever since for not buying more!!
Since Wholefoods doesn’t ship overseas, I had 2 choices – Head back to Wholefoods in London/US (um…and incur a big credit card debt) or try to recreate this at home. Obviously chose the latter of course. Note to self though, the next time i visit a Wholefoods store overseas, I need to buy extra luggage for the goodies I’m going to lug home.
I kept the box with the list of ingredients so I went about guessing the right amounts for each. After abit for trail and error, I’m kinda pleased with the results!
RAW NAPOLENTA PIZZA CRACKERS
1 cup cashews
6 – 8 pcs sun dried tomatoes
1 whole tomato
1 red bell pepper
1/2 cup olives
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp paprika
1 cup water
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 1/2 – 2 cups flax seeds ( depending on how thick you want it)
1) Process all ingredients except the flax seeds and sunflower seeds. But not too find because it’ll be quite nice to have pieces of cashews , tomatoes and olives in the crackers. Add more herbs or salt as you see fit.
2) Stir in the sunflower seeds and flax seeds and let it marinate overnight.
3) Spread the mixture on your dehydrator tray for around 16 hours, then flip it over and dehydrate for another 16 hours.
THINGS TO NOTE
– This recipe makes quite a big quantity of crackers, so half it if you want less
– I made 3 different trays of with different thickness. One of the trays was super thick because i wanted it to be more like a pizza/bread base. I also made different shapes lol so go have fun with the shapes, thickness and size! If you are making the crackers thinner, won’t need to dehydrate it for so long.