I’m on a roll.
Two blog posts in one day! *pats myself on the back*
But honestly, Its really because I’m jet lagged and am forcing myself to get back to normal sleeping hours.. so I’ve decided to add a new entry haha. I actually have a long back log of recipes and content that I’ve been meaning to blog about but have always pushed it to “tomorrow”. But today I made Raw Chocolate Nut Butter Cups and I won’t let it backlog!
Used this recipe from My New Roots , one of my FAVOURITE blogs. Please check out Sarah’s blog if you haven’t already done so. Her recipes are not overly complicated and i love her style of writing. I substituted the Raw honey for Agave; and used raw cashew nut butter i got from Whole Foods. I also placed it in the freezer instead of the fridge. Only took around 10 min to harden! Took me less than 1/2 hour to make these.
Anyway, been meaning to find a recipe to use the Lucuma Powder i got from Whole foods and Sarah answered my prayers. She does a great job explaining what Lucuma Powder is and its superfood like benefits. I’ve did some more research and here’s a summary of Lucuma Powder in easy peasy point form.
(Above : Lucuma fruit. Looks a little like persimonns)
– Comes from the Lucuma fruit, a native fruit of Peru
– Is basically a flavouring. Tastes a little like maple. Other forms of Lucuma include pulp or dried slices.
– Is natrually sweet and low in GI. Suitable for people cutting down on sugar consumption.
– Is gluten-free.
– Is a superfood. High in beta-carotene, iron, fibre, zinc, vitamin B3, calcium and protein.
– Helps to thicken the food slightly
– Commonly added to beverages, smoothies, yogurt, granola, pudding , pastries and ICE CREAM. In fact, in many places, the lucuma ice cream flavour is more popular that chocolate or vanilla!
– Can be found in organic food shops like Four Seasons Organic, The Living Cafe, Eat Organic and the Real Food Grocer. (this is for Singapore only). Or you can purchase it on iherb.com
So do check out her blog and follow the recipe…i gaurantee you won’t regret it!!
In fact, I’m going to have one nut butter cup right now! WEEEE
// update: Check out another lucuma recipe here