Its been 19 days and I’ll be coming to the end of my raw detox soon. Been CRAVING for ice cream so I decided to make Choco-cherry “ice-cream” soft serve for dessert yesterday to accompany my Homeland marathon (frozen bananas + frozen cherries + cacao powder + cacao nibs + agave nectar — all food processed). But alas, i forgot to put my bananas in the freezer, and had a mini panic attack (no ice cream?!?!) . So I caved and went to buy my favourite vegan coconut ice cream =X
Yummy yum yum
Anyway, today i made the most DELICIOUS raw banana oat squares and i couldn’t wait to share!
Got the recipe from The Sweet Life, one of my favourite blogs! I used the same ingredients but created my own proportions. You can do the same too, because the ingredients go so well you’re bound to get something delicious anyway.
Raw banana oat squares
- 2 bananas ,sliced and dehydrated over night ( I use the Ezidri dehydrator, and set it at low). Make sure the bananas are still a little stick and foldable
- 1/3 cup pecans + 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 large medjool dates
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup raw rolled oats
- Dehydrate bananas overnight
- Process bananas + 1/3 cup pecans + 2 large dates + salt
- Add 1/4 cup pecans and 1/2 cup rolled oats
- The texure becomes dough-like..flatten it into a little square on a parchment paper. Freeze it for a bout 1 hour so that it becomes easier to cut into squares.