Yikes really behind on my blog posts! Been extremely busy last couple of days and was on a 80 – 90% raw diet most of the time. Here’s a quick recap for the last 3 days – Hopefully my memory serves me well.
- BREAKFAST: Green smoothie (1 banana + pineapple + peach + almond milk + Cai Xin)
- BREAK : 1 banana
- LUNCH : Raw Mariana sauce (yes, just like that haha…)
- TEA BREAK : 1 banana + handful of grapes
- DINNER : 2 Raw Cranberry and Cacao bars ( recipe below)
- BREAKFAST: Green smoothie (2 bananas +papaya + almond milk + Cai Xin)
- LUNCH : 2 raw bars
- TEA BREAK : 1 Banana + handful of grapes
- DINNER : Raw veggie salad + Miso soup. Longans for dessert.
- LATE BREAKFAST : Green smoothie ( red spinach + papaya + apple + strawberries)
- LUNCH + BREAK : Handful of almonds + pistachios + cashew nuts
- DINNER : Cold tofu + Raw sashimi salad + Miso soup.
- SUPPER : Raw chocolate bar
I’ve been making raw bars almost every other day now and I’m ADDICTED! They are so easy to make, portable, delicious and way cheaper than the ones in stores. One bar outside is around S$5! Did my math and my homemade bars cost around $2.50 – $3.
Home made raw bar – good for the wallet and easy on the hips=)
Before I post my recipe, wanna give credit to this blog here. If you wanna make your own raw bars you have to read the entry. Basically beginner homemade bars have a simple mathematical formula : 1 cup nuts + 1 cup stick fruit (for binding) + 1 cup filling + 2 – 4 tbs flavouring. Then you’re off to creating all sorts of delicious bars!
Raw Cranberry Cacao Bar (makes 4) No bake/ GF
- 1 cup almond meal (leftover pulp from almond milk)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- Sprinkle of cacao nibs
- Process all ingredients until the mixture turns clumpy and dough-like
- Line a tray with parchment paper and knead the dough onto it to form a rectangle
- Cut the rectangle into 4 bars. Wrap each bar with parchment paper and refrigerate.
Question : I’m just curious how come I haven’t gotten any detox symptoms yet. Is it because I’ve been on an 80 – 90% raw food detox the past few days? If anyone has been on on the same detox, would love to hear how long it took for the symptoms to show in your body!