Hello! Didn’t manage to blog yesterday so today’s post is going to combine Day 6 & 7. Before I recap my meals, just wanted to share how the detox is working for me
I FEEL SO ENERGETIC AND AWAKE!
For the last 3 days, I’ve been sleeping very little – partly because I’m busy, but partly because my mind is so active. Even though I only get 4 – 5 hours of sleep, I don’t feel lethargic or grouchy in the morning. I normally snooze a gazillion times before finally crawling out of bed…but today sprung up almost instantly, like it was the most natural thing in the world to do.
Another interesting fact , I’ve been having less cravings, snacking less and eating less. I read somewhere before cravings are our bodies’ way of telling us what it really wants (what nutrients it lack). For example, a craving for chocolate could mean that our body lacks Magnesium. When you’re on a raw foods detox, your diet becomes more nutrient dense, and you don’t need to eat so much to satisfy your body… thus you eat less and crave less!
Will blog abit more about the benefits of raw foods in separate post, for now , here’s a recap:
- BREAKFAST: Green smoothie (2 cups pineapple + 2 cups peach + bunch of kailan)
- LUNCH : Chopped celery & carrot sticks, collard leaves, with raw tahini dip & creamy guacamole. HEAVEN HEAVEN HEAVEN.
- DINNER: Giant salad from Cedele – Mixed greens, olives, tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, red cabbage and orange vinaigrette.
- BREAKFAST: Green smoothie ( 2 bananas + 2 cups raw almond milk + baby Bok choy)
- LUNCH : 2 raw bars (see recipe below)
- TEA BREAK: 1 apple
- DINNER: Veggie “taco” boats. 3 large collard leaves as the “boats”. Filled with a mixture of avocado, chopped baby tomatoes, onions, red & green capsicum.
Recipe : Raw coconut and cranberry bars (makes 4). Raw ,GF, No Bake
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1/2 cup medjool dates
- Throw all ingredients in a food processor and process till it turns clumpy
- Knead the “dough” into four bars and wrap in parchment paper
- Refrigerate over night in air tight container
- Keep for up till 1 week.
Enjoy and till tomorrow =)